Mount Rainier Kautz Glacier
Mount Rainier National Park, WA
Alpine Endeavors has become awarded another special use permit for Mount Rainier! Join us for a memorable climb on an incredible mountain.
Our route of choice is to summit Mt Rainier via the Kautz Glacier.
A basic itinerary* would be:
Day 1 Arrive in Seattle - meet and review gear, debrief trip and head to Longmire or Paradise Lodge on Mount Rainier
Day 2 Climb up Wilson Glacier and camp
Day 3 Climb up camp below Camp Hazard
Day 4 Skill Review and rest
Day 5 Summit Attempt
Day 6 Alt weather day, or pack out to lower camp
Day 7 Pack up, hike out, drive to Seattle
*Itinerary subject to change based on weather, participants, and other factors as needed.
Trip is open to climbers with previous
backpacking/camping and ice climbing experience, limited to a total of
guests and 2 guides. For those with no previous glacier
experience, we require a 2 day training session that we can do the week
before in the North Cascades National Park
or a two-day glacier skills and crevasse rescue refresher as a
pre-trip meeting and training in the Shawangunks prior to the trip.
• all guiding fees
• dinners on the mountain
• technical & group equipment (such as ropes, tents and cooking gear)
• ground transportation (to and from Sea Tac)
• *lodging the first night at the historical and impressive Longmire or Paradise Lodge, last night at hotel near Seattle (based on double occupancy)
Rates do not include:
• air transportation
• off-mountain meals
• breakfast and lunch in the mountains
• any additional expenses in the event of early departure for you and your guide
(evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
• Trip cancellation insurance
• Climber registration and Mount Rainier NPS permit ($60pp)
• Any additional lodging between the first and last nights if we summit early and come off the mountain
• any other expenses not listed in the included list
Please contact us with more questions.