North Cascades 6-day trip
North Cascades - Alpine Climbing at its finest!
These trips will focus on summiting some of the classic peaks.
Some options for trip objectives are:
• Forbidden Peak - West Ridge
• Sahale Peak - Queen Sabe Glacier
• Sharkfin Tower - South-East Ridge
• Mt Shuksan - Sulphide Glacier or Fischer Chimneys
• Mt Triumph - NE Ridge
• Eldorado Peak
• Dorado Needle
Route choices are dependent on the experience levels of the participants. There are options for all ability levels. We will do a one-day glacier skills and crevasse rescue training day on the glaciers as well as a pre-trip meeting and training day before we leave.
We offer the trips with a low climber-to-guide ratio of no more than two climber per guide. This low ratio allows us to move quickly through the terrain and give you the option of climbing objectives that are more involved.
A sample itinerary would be:
Day 0 (before the trip) - meet in Seattle by 12pm, drive to North Cascades N.P. and stay in nearby hotel or at the nearby campground
Day 1 - Approach one of the objectives, camp out
Day 2 - Climb
Day 3 - Alt Climbing Day or hike out and go to another mountain
Day 4 - Alt Climbing Day or hike out and go to another mountain
Day 5 - Alt Climbing Day or hike out and go to another mountain
Day 6- Hike out, stay in a hotel
Red Eye or Following Day - Depart
• all guiding fees
• ground transportation
• dinners on the mountain
• technical & group equipment (such as ropes, tents and cooking gear)
• lodging the first and last night of the trip (based on double occupancy)
• permit fees
Rates do not include:
• air transportation
• off-mountain meals
• breakfast and lunch in the mountains
• any additional expenses in the event of early departure for you and your guide (evac fees, transport, extra hotel nights, etc)
• Trip cancellation insurance
• any other expenses not listed in the included list
Rates are based on a party of two. Private party option possible for an additional fee.